Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Inception!

Practically speaking, there is no point in being negative. If you think about it, the smallest job is got done by wanting it in your mind/brain and then executing it. Grabbing a remote control, switching on a television set, fetching yourself a glass of water, so on and so forth- all these actions start with forming a positive thought in your neural circuitry which is then executed out. Everything happens in a fraction of a second and thus, it's taken for granted and becomes second nature. Now as the things to do become tougher and more rarefied among the daily life- the thought process takes more time to form the positivity depending on obviously, the failure rate and time taken for the tougher jobs. But then you just have to take a second and look back at the fact that driving is more complex than switching on a fan but it sure becomes second nature soon enough. Just the same way, if you just start doing the more tougher jobs, they may take a longer time, but soon enough, one will master it too. No exceptions.
So, this particular situation where I'm at a precipice of hope and effort waiting for my visa is a fascinating one for me where I see 'no point in being positive'. It's different from being negative. Just a delicately balanced place where nothing seems to be a positive or negative step, suspended in a some kind of parallel no-gravity stratosphere. Mind you, it does make me feel sad and helpless most of the time but from time to time, it is also a little interesting to try to see the options to steer this situation somewhere and failing everytime.

Anyways, on one such day I went to the movie Inception,mostly out of respect for genius that is Chris Nolan. Honestly, I lost track of the movie when it went into that snowy place in the last third. I still have a point to argue against the basic plot of the film. Planting an idea into someone. Ideas are born out of reason and motives to an end. If you plant them into someone's subconscious, I don't understand how they are supposed to stay put considering that once you get out of the planting process-dreams while sedated in this movie- you will have the same world and you will have to reason yourself to carry out the original decision instead of following on with the new idea.
I have to admit though, that I perhaps understood only 30% of the movie and also didn`t understand in the end if the con was successful. Utter boredom prevented me from rewatching the movie or researching it's story.
Still, Dark Knight and The Prestige were too good movies to have dimmed my awe for Chris Nolan even a little. Looking forward to more of his works.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the movie was a masterpiece, perhaps the best work of Nolan. I am surprised you didn't enjoy it. Btw, my phone has been dead for the past couple of months so i haven't been getting any calls.
    -Ibrahim from Flint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you dude. And I'm just past it. But it felt like there were far too many rules squeezed in this game-now,squeezed equals not a good movie experience. Anyways, like I said-went in after a sleepless night too and cudn't understand large chunks of it. I'm also surprised I didn't watch it again till now.lol.

    ReplyDelete